Children join the school during the academic year that they are five. To apply for a place parents need to contact the Schools Admissions Team at Devon County Council. Applications are made from November to January in the year prior to the one in which they are due to start. Currently our planned admission numbers per year are limited to 30. If we are oversubscribed the Admissions Team offer places based on the following hierarchy:
- Children in care and children with a statement of special educational needs.
- Children who live in the school's catchment area and have a sibling already at the school.
- Other children who live in the school's catchment area.
- Other children with siblings at the school.
- Other children based, if necessary, upon the distance they live from the school.
If there are no places available you will be invited to join the waiting list. The Admission Team will contact you when a place is available.
If you are offered a place your child will be welcomed to start in September and will folllow our school induction programme.
If you wish to transfer your child to our school during any acadmeic year you are welcome to visit the school and applications must then be submitted to the Admissions Team. Once this has been processed you will be welcomed to start with us immedately.
Whether your child is starting school for the first time or if you are considering changing schools and joining us, you are encouraged to visit the school with your family during the school day before you apply. Please contact our admin team (01395 266580) to book an appointment with the headteacher.
For information on applying for your child to attend Lympstone C of E Primary School, please visit Devon County Council’s Admissions & Transfers page.