At Lympstone School, we aim that all children will develop the knowledge, skills and understanding to live confident, healthy and independent lives.
The primary aim of Lympstone School is to enable all pupils to take part as fully as possible in every part of school life by developing each child’s self-confidence, recognising their strengths and encouraging them to achieve their full potential.
At Lympstone School we will take steps to advance equality of opportunity, foster good relations and eliminate discrimination or harassment across all the protected characteristics (age, race, gender reassignment, disability, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity, gender, sexual orientation) within the school community.
We have set the following objectives to further support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching:
- To narrow the gap of SEND children in the end of year attainment
- To ensure all children have access to a broad and balanced curriculum including off site and hand on experiences
- To ensure that multi-cultural awareness and diversity is discussed and celebrated
Our Equality Policy includes a plan that outlines the actions that we will take to:
- Eliminate discrimination
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do share it
- Consult and involve those affected by inequality, in the decisions we take to promote equality and eliminate discrimination